Monday, December 24, 2012

Steam Dumplings for Christmas Eve !

It is exciting that I regularly celebrate holidays with family or friends. I always look forward to having holiday meals, so make it a meal to remember. Every holiday meals are the way to show off cooking skills or how you create happy meal with lovely family or friends.

     After had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, my roommate and I decide to have Asian food for Christmas dinner. As she came from Thailand, she wishes I can make dumpling or sour and hot soup to share. Aha! I am good at making dumpling and soup, and I  love them.

     She wants me to teach her how to fold the dumpling, it was funny that she folded them like a "sleeping" dimpling, I like to make a " stand up" shape, which looks better and tasting!

    Making dumplings is not so hard and you can get all needed ingredients from stores: dumpling wrappers, ground pork, etc. To me, the enjoy part is the folding or pleating of dumpling –an acquired skill after practices for many years.
      My hot and sour soup learns from my mom, she has her own recipe, she taught me how to make great soup, I just leave out the pork to make a vegetarian version of hot and sour soup for tonight. Those dumplings and soup are so easy to prepare and quite delicious
 
     My roommate is an expert cake maker. I am lucky to have another different flavor for this special eve. The banana cake with cheese frosting separated tastes great! 
    I am glad I can take this opportunity to share God's love for my roommate, she feels secure with my prayer " leave us nor forsake us. Thank you for the love that holds us together and for always meeting our needs. Draw us closer together through this coming year. We love you and want our time of celebration for as life is not always easy for us, but we know that you are always with us.  Thanks Lord !
    
    


                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment