Monday, April 22, 2013

Colorful Quinoa Salad

After several months of eating quinoa, my digest system is improving and my skin is tender and smooth. I 've decided to mix up my meals with different vegetables and quinoa. I 've started eating quinoa while I was traveling to Oregon, I have learned how to cook quinoa from their local supermarket which is called New Season, they provide a fresh farmer market food and hot food, and they like to mix quinoa in their hot food.

Last weekend when I am shopping food at Whole foods, I only picked up the white quinoa as the price is lower, but after their customer service who gave me a little suggestion how to mix different quinoa it has higher health benefit. So, I added some red quinoa which price has almost double than the white one. When I mixed them together, the color is so beautiful, their shapes look so cute to me, and they look like a little pearl!

The beautiful sunlight is pouring into our kitchen; it is a warm spring time here today, so I like to cook cold quinoa Salad for celebrating the spring time. I have colorful recipes I want to make a bright and colorful quinoa salad just like the spring wild flowers. The recipe ingredients including red pepper, golden grape tomato, black pepper, corn, mushroom, Romania vegetable, sea salt and olive oil. The mix quinoa looks beautiful after cooking; it is just like small blooming flowers. After quinoa cools, combine with red pepper and small yellow tomato in a bowl, I did not add fresh Romania, by the way, I stir fried the Romania, corn, mushroom with olive oil, it will produce veggie juice. After cool, combine with another bowl of quinoa and add some sea salt.

The bright and colorful quinoa salad will look just like a colorful spring flower, it looks like a rainbow !  It is a delicious and healthy dish for the spring and summer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment