Friday, April 6, 2012

Culinary Channel - Mantou (Chinese Steamed Buns)



     When I was younger, I seldom ate mantou, I didn't like it. I started eating mantuo when I was in high school, we  requested to bring mantuo in the drawing class. We used mantou as eraser. Before went to school I stopped by the breakfast store to get two, one was for eraser, one was for eating. You can image that I eating mantou while I were drawing. It was a great memory and fun time for me ! Badly, I forgot who was my teacher ! ^.^
.
     Mantou is a Chinese steamed bun, we don't make at home regularly; it's often served in Chinese restaurants or breakfast stores in Taiwan or China. Mantou are often served freshly steamed or deep-fried. The common traditional one made by white flour with milk. Nowday, people love to mix all different ingredients to make more with different flavor.
     I was so happy to make whole wheat steamed mantou last night, I wasn't expected that I could make it. I was just making for fun. I was surprised with the results. It tastes soft and a little sweet, the smell is great !! Here is ingredients to share : whole wheat flour, pastry flour, yeast, baking powder, milk, black sugar and water. This is pretty healthy bread for breakfast its low cost and high nutrition. What flavor I am going to make for the next? Aha! I already have some ideas, can't wait to create colorful steamed buns !   


No comments:

Post a Comment