Thursday, March 15, 2012

Culinary Channel - Roasted Brussel Sprouts





















It was a very nice memory to visit Brussel Sprouts farm in the Sept of 2011 with hiking group, I was so happy and exciting when I saw the farm, I couldn't believe my eyes to see the real Brussel Sprouts growing on the ground, a huge farm which was so green and real. I couldn't be myself, and acted so crazy and danced around them, I just wanted to smell them, touched them and took more pictures from each angle.
Brussel Sprouts like to grow in the moderate climate of about 15-18 degrees Celsius. However, these vegetables grow on very sturdy branches and are generally considered sweeter if they are exposed to some slightly cooler whether before harvest them.  The best seasons to purchase are from November to April. It was almost the closest time to harvest,  when I visiting the farm in Sept, they looked so big already !! After visiting the farm, I went to google search to study how to cook the Sprouts, I have found so many different methods to cook them. They can be stewed, boiled, steamed, roasted and so on.
Brussel Sprouts contain more Vitamin C than Orange, it's sweeter like cabbage ! One tip to eat them: try not to overcook them, and eat them as soon as they come of the stove if at all possible !!
At the meantime, love to share this beautiful voice from Michael Smith ! Thanks God creating the beautiful voice and world for us !! Enjoy it !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6juwmfNALQ&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment